Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Competitiveness...

Is this good or bad? Ever since I've been a kid, I've always been a competitive student. Competition is what drove me to succeed and to achieve. In succeeding years, I've noticed that my being too competitive is actually hurting my relationships, and so I think I changed. Although honestly, I wouldn't say I'm not competitive anymore. Maybe my competitive attitude just mellowed down a bit. Again, I can't help but ask myself, is this a good thing or a bad thing? Since competition is what drives me to succeed, I think it is a good thing. On the other hand, being too competitive doesn't seem too healthy for me in the sense that I get disappointed a lot of times when I don't reach my own expectations. Thus, it really is a double-edged sword.

The job fair in school is being held this week. I just can't help but feel my competitiveness creeping to the surface. It's driving me nuts! :)) Anyway, I just hope I can be more content with whatever life brings me. :D

No comments: