Thursday, January 6, 2011

THE Challenge!!

I know that one of my New Year's resolutions is to be a lot more positive, but I really need to rant right now. I don't know if I should be happy that I did my best to study for an exam even though I got a low mark, or I should be mad that I got a low mark despite of studying so hard!! I just hate it! I know grades are not good measures of students' abilities, especially in college. Why? Well, for one subject, students get different professors who have different criteria in grading. Also, a lot of professors curve grades, which I think is really unfair, especially if the student (for instance, me) almost always gets a random number in the last batch for enlistment. To be honest, I myself have experienced the advantages of curving, like B+'s turning into A's. But what I don't understand is that professors sometimes give students who deserve F's passing marks. F's become C's. I just think it's unfair.

Another thing to rant about. Am I not a good friend? I mean, am I not a person who is at least enjoyable to be with? I may seem to be very independent, but as what I've learned in my subjects, humans are inherently social beings! I'm just wondering, am I really a bore to be with?

Sigh... It's just so hard to be positive when you're aiming goals and when you can't control stuff. :(

No comments: