Friday, September 3, 2010

Detached...

I would like to believe that I'm a very understanding and approachable person, that's why I was really bothered a semester ago when my psychology professor told me that I'm a somewhat detached person. He said that I'm the kind of person who disappears when things go awry. However, recent events have actually proven him right. Sigh... I've just noticed, when people fight around me, I tend to stay silent and fade into the background; when people cry, I tend to shy away from them because I really don't know what to do in such a situation. Am I selfish for doing so? Or do I have abandonment issues? Or what? Sigh... I really feel detached to the world right now, and very detached to people who are supposedly close to me. I really hope things would turn out better.

3 comments:

Christopher Scott said...

I don't think you're just detached. I think you're the type of person that avoids conflict. I mean, you don't even appreciate a movie that's just full of violence(The Expendables.)

vampiejen said...

Hahahaha... Well in my defense, my brother also didn't like that movie. It was just too loud. :D Maybe you're right, I just really don't like conflict. Can't a girl wish for world peace? :/

Anonymous said...

ha, I will experiment my thought, your post get me some good ideas, it's truly amazing, thanks.

- Norman