Saturday, April 24, 2010

Kick Ass...

Just watched this movie with my bro. It was a funny movie. I think it ran for around 2 hours and I never looked at the time during the run of the movie, which means there were no dull moments. Hahahaha... Anyway, at first I thought it was a great movie, but towards the end, I had my doubts.

1. I kept on waiting for a moral story to come out in the end. Why? It's simply because the storyline was all about being a hero, what ordinary people can actually do. At the end, I was a little disappointed not seeing that.

2. Yes, they did kill the bad guy, but that doesn't mean they're good. Two wrongs never make a right. Honestly, I don't believe that the end justifies the means. If you do something out of hatred, or let's say revenge even out of love for that matter, I still think it's wrong. It's never right to treat people badly even if they've done something bad to you. (disclaimer: I can't say I have never tried to get back at people who've done me wrong. I've had my regrets about those things. So, I try just not thinking about those things.)

3. I don't think anyone should go all that way just to be a hero. A hero, for me, need not to be so heroic. What I mean is that no one can really be like superman. We don't have powers, but we are capable of doing great things. A hero, for me, is just someone who does little good deeds at a time because s/he believes in the goodness of mankind. Wouldn't the world be a better place if all of us actually did small good deeds? Being a full-blown hero (full-blown meaning like superman) would just encourage laziness among people. They'd think, "Oh! I don't need to do those good things, Superman is there anyway!"

Well, there. Those were the things that were really bothering me towards the end of the movie. Although, I have to say that the movie was still very enjoyable. So go watch it if you have the time, especially if you're the kind of person who's into guns and fightings. Hahahaha... :D

P.S. I'm not trying to bash any super hero in this post. I just wanted you guys to know where I stand. Peace out! :D

No comments: