Saturday, March 27, 2010

How to Train Your Dragon


As I've said in my previous post, I was impressed by this movie. I think it was better than the book version, although I don't really recall what I've read, so I'm rereading it. Hahahaha... It was a normal feel-good movie I guess. I said this mainly because I don't want to raise your expectations, but I found the movie fun and cute. Hahahaha...

Insights and Comments:
1. I got teary-eyed on the scene wherein Hiccup's dad told Hiccup that he was proud to have him as his son. I think there's really just a part of me wanting to hear those words from my parents. I'm not saying that they are not proud of me. Maybe I just need to hear those words for reassurance. Or maybe, I just want to prove something to myself. Sigh...

2. On courage and conformity. I think courage is not really about doing what is expected of you and what other people think of what you have to do. I think courage is doing the very thing you believe in, even if it went against everyone else's notion of what you need to do. It takes guts to actually go against the norm and not get pressured to just conform with what's "right." I think courage was portrayed really well in this movie (although fictional and extreme case scenario).

To everyone, I recommend you guys to watch this movie! :D

P.S. I just want to stress that it is a really wonderful movie! Hahahaha... Wonderfully-written and very heart-warming. :D

3 comments:

Christopher Scott said...

You want your parents to say that they're proud to have you as their son??? O.o

vampiejen said...

Hahahaha... No!! ...that they're proud to have me as their daughter...Hahahaha...

Christopher Scott said...

Hnd ba sa Mulan yun? "The greatest gift and honor... is having you for a daughter. "